What form of identification is required to get into Canada?

To Cross The Canadian Border All adults and children who are citizens of the United States must have a passport to cross the border. However, On tours that include Canada, you have the option to stay in Niagara Falls, USA instead of crossing over into Canada. For complete details, mention this in your reservation form or to a travel specialist.

Passport Information:


To Cross the Mexico Border. You will need an valid passport.


PASSPORTS: U.S. citizens who travel to a country where a valid U.S. passport is not required will need documentary evidence of their U.S. citizenship and identity. Proof of U.S. citizenship includes an expired U.S. passport or an original birth certificate. A certified copy of the birth certificate is also acceptable, but it must have the registrar’s signature and a raised, impressed, embossed, or multicolored seal. If you were born abroad, a Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, or Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States will suffice. To prove identity, a valid driver’s license or government identification card are acceptable provided they identify you by physical description or photograph. However, for travel overseas and to facilitate reentry into the U.S., a valid U.S. passport is the best documentation available and unquestionably proves your U.S. citizenship. Before you send your passport through the mail to apply for a visa, sign it in ink, and write in pencil your current address and daytime telephone number in the space provided. This will help the U.S. Postal Service return it to you should it become separated from the envelope during processing.

Some countries require that your U.S. passport be valid at least 6 months or longer beyond the dates of your trip. If your passport expires before the required validity, you will have to apply for a new one. Please check with the Embassy or nearest Consulate of the country that you plan to visit for their requirements.

To Check in for flights at Airport. You will need your driver’s license or an International passport. The name on your plane ticket should match your name on your passport or drivers license. Minors without a driver’s license or passport will need a copy of their birth certificate, and again, the name on the birth certificate should match the name on their plane ticket.

Please Note: While BCT would sincerely like to provide full details for every traveler on what documentation they need to cross the worlds borders, it is the responsibility of the traveler to ensure that they have the correct documents for travel. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Book a Tour Now Book a Tour Now