Vaccinations, Inoculations and Immunizations – General Info
How do I know which vaccines I should get before I travel?
You should visit a travel clinic, or your regular clinic, and they can help you decide which vaccines are indicated for your travel. It is best if you go at least one month before travel but if you need to go closer to your travel it is still better than not going at all. There is also a website (http://www.cdc.gov/travel/) that can give you an idea of the vaccines and medicine you will need. Make sure you bring any vaccine records you have with you to the clinic.
What you need to know about vaccinations and travel: A checklist
- Have you scheduled a visit to your doctor or a travel medicine provider?
- Are you aware which vaccinations you or those traveling with you may need?
- Do you have altered immunocompetence due to illnesses such as diabetes or HIV?
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Are you traveling with infants or children?
- If you haven't looked up health information for your destination, do so at the CDC Travel Health site.