2 persons have added this tour to their favorites!
"Step over into Macedonia” is the theme of this new Bible Lands Tour as it focuses on the ministry, trials and travels of the Apostle Paul. ‘Walk the walk’ of the Apostle Paul, as we relive the Bible book of Acts, from Athens to Thessalonica. The historic city of Athens needs no introduction. It can’t help but wear its history on its sleeve—it’s hard to go anywhere in the city out of sight of the Acropolis—and millions of tourists flock here every year to visit the iconic Parthenon, Agora, and Dionysus’s Theater. In addition to following in the footsteps of Paul, we will also witness first-hand some wonders of Jehovah’s creation as we visit awe-inspiring sites that build appreciation for our Grand Creator.
<br class="" />Some of these sites include the awe-inspiring rock pillars of Meteora. In 1849, Robert Curzon, an English Traveler wrote regarding Meteora: “Nothing can be more strange and wonderful than this romantic region, which is unlike anything I have ever seen either before or since. In . . . any other mountainous region where I have been, there is nothing at all to be compared to these extraordinary peaks.”<br class="" /><br class="" />We next visit what is arguably the most beautiful island in Greece: Santorini! Enjoy the beautiful sunset and the amazing caldera of this island paradise. We will then visit the historic island of Crete via speedboat, which will leave you appreciating our brotherhood and spiritual heritage like never before!<br class="" /><br class="" />Return to Athens and enjoy a wonderful bethel tour of the Athens Greece Branch office! Conclude the tour overlooking the most beautiful view in Athens!
The focus of the trip through Turkey will be: “How Did They Maintain Their Heart Devotion?” Despite Satan’s all-out efforts to attack and destroy the faith of first-century Christians they maintained their integrity. How? And what lessons can we learn from them? You will learn the answers to these questions and more as you visit the cities of Ephesus, Pergamum and others.”
There is so much to see in Turkey that it is often referred to as the Other Holy Land. Ephesus: a visit to this city is a must see for any Bible student. The apostle Paul visited Ephesus on his second and third missionary tours. Paul accomplished much in Ephesus and many became worshipers of Jehovah as a result! (Acts 18:19-21; Acts 19:10-17) Pergamum: Is where pagan religion was greatly stressed including the worship of political rulers. In addition, you see other ancient cities and sites in Turkey.
- Bible Lands Tours Greece And Greek Island + Turkey
- Bible Lands Tours Israel + Greece And Greek Island + Turkey
- Canada Bethel W Eastern Caribbean Cruise Combo
- Costa Rica – 8 Days / 7 Nights Tour
- Ecuador & Peru: Cuenca-Ecuador English Convention-Ecuador Branch-Whale Watching-Cusco-Machu Picchu-Peru Branch-Lima
- Ecuador & Peru: Ecuador Branch-Whale Watching-Cusco-Machu Picchu-Peru Branch-Lima
- Ecuador & Peru: Ecuador English Convention-Ecuador Branch-Whale Watching-Cusco-Machu Picchu-Peru Branch-Lima
- Ecuador & Peru: Middle World-Cuenca-Ecuador English Convention-Ecuador Branch-Whale Watching-Cusco-Machu Picchu-Peru Branch-Lima
- Ecuador: Cuenca-English Convention-Ecuador Branch
- Ecuador: Cuenca-English Convention-Ecuador Branch-Whale Watching
- Ecuador: English Convention-Ecuador Branch-Whale Watching
- Ecuador: Guayaquil-English Convention-Ecuador Branch
- Ecuador: Middle World-Cuenca-English Convention-Ecuador Branch
- Ecuador: Middle World-Cuenca-English Convention-Ecuador Branch-Whale Watching
- Europe + Mediterranean
- Europe Classic
- Europe Classic + London
- Hawaii: Big Island Tour + All 4 Islands Cruise
- Hawaii: Big Island Volcano & Beach Tour
- Kenya Branch Tour + Maasa Mara Safari + Mombasa Excursion
- Kenya Branch Tour + Maasai Mara Safari
- Mexico Branch: Guanajuato + San Miguel De Allende + Guadalajara
- Mexico Branch: Taxco
- Mexico Branch: Taxco + Guanajuato + San Miguel De Allende + Guadalajara
- Mexico Branch: Taxco + Guanajuato + San Miguel De Allende + Guadalajara + Sayulito
- New York Bethel Basic Budget – NY Style
- New York Bethel Condensed + Theocratic History Tour
- New York Bethel Manhattan Style
- NY Bethel Basic Canada New England Cruise Combo
- NY Bethel Basic Eastern Caribbean
- NY Bethel Budget Canada New England Cruise Combo
- NY Bethel Budget with Bahamas Florida Cruise Combo
- NY Bethel Classic With Canada From Europe
- NY Bethel Smithsonian Washington DC
- NY Bethel Smithsonian Washington DC with Bermuda Cruise
- NY Canada Bethel Classic Eastern Caribbean Cruise Combo
- NY Canada Bethel Classic with Bermuda Cruise Combo
- NY Canada Bethel Premium Eastern Caribbean Cruise Combo
- NY Canada Bethel W Bahamas Florida Cruise Combo
- NY Canada Bethel W Eastern Caribbean
- Peru & Ecuador: Lima Branch-Machu Picchu-Titicaca-Arequipa-Quito-Otavalo-Middle of World-Papallacta-Banos-Cuenca-Whale Watching-Guayaquil Branch
- Peru & Ecuador: Lima Branch-Machu Picchu-Titicaca-Arequipa-Quito-Otovalo-Papallacta-Middle of World
- Peru Branch + Machu Picchu + Ecuador Branch [CSC]
- Peru: Cusco-Machu Picchu-Peru Branch-Lima
Related Maps(blt) See these maps →
<strong>Greece and Greek Island Portion: </strong>
<strong>Day 1: </strong>Arrive Thessaloniki, transfer to hotel. Dinner included. Get acquainted. Overnight in Thessaloniki.
<strong>Day 2: </strong>Visit Thessaloniki and Phillippi -After breakfast, pick up from hotel to start morning tour of Thessaloniki. Enjoy the sites and the beautiful coastline. Have lunch at “Ladadika”, the most famous area of Thessaloniki with excellent traditional Greek Cuisine. Afterwards, we will reach the town of Kavala (Ancient Neapolis) and then Phillippi where Paul preached and baptized the first Christians in Europe! Visit the ‘’Baptismal’’ site, where Lydia was baptized and the place where tradition says Paul was imprisoned. Finally, we visit the Acropolis of Philippi, the Ancient Market, Basilica and Theatre. Overnight in Kavala (Ancient Neapolis)
<strong>Day 3: </strong>Kavala to Meteora – We leave Kavala, and we arrive at the beautiful town of Veria (Ancient Beroea) at Northwestern Greece. Visit the Jewish synagogue in the area Paul originally preached. We continue to the Ancient town of Vergina. Go to the Royal tombs of Alexander the Great’s father, Phillip of Macedon. Make short stops at Thermopylae, the statue of Leonidas and the wonderful Tempi valley. We finally arrive at the picturesque town of Kalambaka, next to the amazing monasteries of Meteora.Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora).
<strong>Day 4: </strong>Kalambaka to Athens -Early in the morning, we drive to Meteora and see the breathtaking rock tower monasteries of the 11th Century! Then we continue to the ancient town of Delphi, the most powerful oracle in Ancient Greece! Visit the ancient stadium and the museum, then we arrive in Athens. Overnight in Athens.
<strong>Day 5: </strong>Athens – Follow the path of the Apostle to the nations by visiting the Areopagus or Mars Hill where he preached to the Athenians (Acts 17). Have lunch (maybe a gyro) at Monastiraki sq. Then visit the Acropolis, the Parthenon and the Acropolis museum. Overnight in Athens.
<strong>Day 6: </strong>Ancient Corinth to Athens – Visit the famous Canal of Corinth, the archaeological site and the museum at acrocorinth. Stroll around the ancient citadel while your experienced tour guide relates to you the fascinating history of such monuments as the Temple of Athena Nike, the Theatre of Dionysus, etc. in the evening, Take ferry ship to island of Crete. Overnight on ferry.
<strong>Day 7: </strong>Tour of Chania, Crete– Arrive in the morning at the port of Chania. Take a brief tour of Chania and then travel to the famous olive trees of Vouves. Travel to Heraklion Overnight in Heraklion.
<strong>Day 8: </strong>Tour of Heraklion, Crete– Visit the Minoan palace of Knossos, the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete. After lunch, visit Fair Havens (Kaloi Limenes) and Matala beach. Take ferry ship back to Athens. Overnight on ferry.
<strong>Day 9: </strong>Visit Bethel and Farewell – After resting up a bit at your hotel, visit the Greece Bethel Branch Office in Athens for several hours, then visit the beautiful view of Lycabettus mountain overlooking Athens and enjoy a final dinner with the sunset in the background. Overnight in Athens.
<strong>Turkey Portion: </strong>
<strong>Day 1 (10) : </strong>Breakfast in hotel. Depart Greece – Arrive Izmir Turkey. Transfer to hotel in Izmir (Smyrna) for dinner and overnight at the excellent Anemon Hotel.
<strong>Day 2 (11) : </strong>Breakfast at the hotel and continue to Pergamum (Revelation 2:12-17) to visit the Acropolis, Temple of Athena, library, Royal Palace, Temple of Trajan, the steepest theater of the ancient world, Altar of Zeus. Then visit Asclepion (medical center of the ancient world). Continue to Thyatira (Revelation 2:18-29) which was a commercial center, visit remains of a church and then return to Izmir for dinner and overnight.
<strong>Day 3 (12): </strong>Breakfast and depart from Izmir to Ephesus, a cradle of early Christianity (Revelation 1:1 ; 2:1-7). Proceed to spectacular ruins from the period of Paul; see Odeon, Fountains, Temples; Library, Great theater and stadium. Temple of Artemis (one of the seventh wonders of the ancient world.) Dinner and overnight.
<strong>Day 4 (13): </strong>Breakfast and check out of hotel. Visit Aphrodisias en route to Pamukkale (which was ancient Hierapolis mentioned at Colossians 4:13.) Dinner and overnight in Pamukkale Hotel.
<strong>Day 5 (14): </strong>Breakfast and check out of hotel. Early morning start with the wonderful formations of stalactites and watch the Cataracts falling into the Basin at the bottom of the Mountain. Continue the tour with the ancient city of Hierapolis. Then see the ancient city of Laodicea. Visit Laodicea (Revelation 3:14-22). Continue to Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7-13) to visit Acropolis. Visit Sardes (Revelation 3:1-6), capital of the ancient Lydia. See the Temple of Diana, the Golden River (Pactalos) and the royal road. Then visit the reconstructed synagogue and continue to Izmir for dinner and overnight (final dinner together.)
<strong>Day 6 (15): </strong>Breakfast Hotel Depart Turkey
<strong>Note</strong>: Bible Lands Tours Turkey + Greece and Greek Island for reasons beyond our control it may not be possible to visit everything listed above. However every effort will be made to include as much as reasonably possible.
Listed below are most of the locations we will be visiting on our Bible Lands Tour. We have included references to our Christian publications so that you can look up this information in advance. This reference list does not include everything we have published on the locations we will be visiting, but will help get you started on preparing:
<li>Athens: it-1 pp. 209-211</li>
<li>Beroea (Veria): it-1 p. 291</li>
<li>Corinth: it-1 pp. 508-509</li>
<li>Fair Havens (Kaloi Limniones): it-1 pp. 802-803</li>
<li>Neapolis (Kavala): it-2 pp. 478-479</li>
<li>Philippi: it-2 pp. 629-630</li>
<li>Thessalonica: it-2 p. 1092</li>
<li>Ephesus: it-1 734 -735</li>
<li>Smyrna: it-1 982</li>
<li>Pergamum: it-2 607-608</li>
<li>Thyatira: it-2 p. 1099</li>
<li>Sardis: it-2 864</li>
<li>Philadelphia: it-2 626</li>
<li>Laodicea: it-2 204</li>
All prices herein are per person and are subject to change without notice. "Full Package" prices are especially subject to change due to the fluctuation in airfare. For Instance: Travelers can expect to pay additional airfare for summer tour dates if their tour includes New York. We will notify you three months, or less, before your departure of any additional fees.
Regarding Land Package Pricing:
Land Package prices signify that...
- ...BCT will NOT provide your transportation EXCEPT during the tour.
- ...you will be required to arrange your own transportation (be that airfare or train or car) at the beginning and after the tour.
- ...BCT is not responsible for any cost associated with the cost of your transportation (be that airfare or train or car) at the beginning and after the tour. Including penalties, fees and/or rebooking cost when a trip is cancelled or moved.
- ...while your transportation is provided during the tour you will be required to arrange your own transportation (be that airfare or train or car) at the beginning and after the tour.
Click here to read about the advantages of booking a 'full package' trip versus a 'land package' trip.
<li>Airfare Turkey to Greece plus airport to hotel shuttle service departing Turkey and arriving Greece</li>
<li>Transportation each day for touring and sightseeing</li>
<li>Entrance fees for scheduled touring sites</li>
<li>Breakfast and/or Lunch as noted on the day-by-day itinerary.</li>
<li>Rooming in a 3 star or higher hotel</li>
<li>Prices includes two tour guides: The guides will be Brother Timothy E. Martin and Brother Elie Orphee. Brother Martin will be volunteering his own time to conduct these tours. Your tour through Turkey will be biblically accurate and of the greatest encouragement to you
Airport / Hotel shuttle service for full packages</li>
<li>BCT agents to meet & greet at both airport & hotel</li>
<strong>What's Not Included</strong>
<li>Tips to the hotel, guide and driver.</li>
<li>ANEMON HOTEL / IZMIR - Oct 28-31</li>
<li>PAM THERMAL HOTEL / PAMUKKALE - Oct 31 - Nov 1</li>
<li>ANEMON HOTEL / IZMIR - Oct 1 - Nov 2</li>
<li>NOV 2/3 Thessaloniki Hotel Holiday Inn</li>
<li>NOV 3/4 Kavala, Hotel EGNATIA</li>
<li>NOV 4/5 Kalambaka/Meteora HTL AMALIA KALAMBAKA</li>
<li>NOV 05/06 Athens Hotel METROPOLITAN www.chandris.gr</li>
<li>NOV 06/07 Overnight Ferry to Crete Minoan Lines</li>
<li>NOV 07/08 Heraklion Hotel ATLANTIS</li>
<li>NOV 08/09 Overnight Ferry Heraklion to Pireaus MINOAN LINES</li>
<li>NOV 09/10 Athens Hotel METROPOLITAN</li>
<li>Cabin accommodations on ferry boat up to 4 to a cabin included. Upgrades to private cabins available.</li>
<li>Most meals except lunch</li>
<li>Beverages of any type</li>