0 persons have added this tour to their favorites!
<h3>Wine and Wine Country</h3>
Würzburg and Wine – the two are inextricably intertwined. Wine in all its varieties rules this town. This is the perfect place to enjoy a great wine, go hiking, take a winery tour and experience our wine culture, indulge in great food, or take leisure walks; experience what the city and nature have to offer here. Take a look behind the scenes at the Juliusspital Winery, the Bürgerspital Winery, or the Staatlicher Hofkeller… explore where the wine grows, take a walk through the world-famous appellation Würzburger Stein. You can get information from the Stein-Wein-Pfad e. V., the local Stein Trail Club.
The fortress on the other side of the River Main was the previous residence of the Prince-Bishops (in the days where they perhaps needed more personal protection!). Fortified in the days of the Celts, much of the current building dates from the 17th and 18th centuries.
<h3>The Würzburg Residence</h3>
The Würzburg Residence is a palace in Würzburg, southern Germany. Interiors include the grand staircase, the chapel, and the grand salon. The building was dubbed the “nicest parsonage in Europe” by Napoleon. It was heavily damaged during World War II, and restoration has been in progress since 1945. The Würzburg Residence with its Court Gardens and Residence Square was inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1981. According to the Advisory Body Evaluation, the inclusion in the List was a “measure… so clearly desirable that the proposal of the Federal Republic of Germany does not require lengthy justification… The Residence is at once the most homogeneous and the most extraordinary of the Baroque palaces… It represents a unique artistic realization by virtue of its ambitious program, the originality of creative spirit and the international character of its workshop.”
<strong>Rothenburg ob der Tauber</strong> on the Romantic Road is a world wide symbol of German romance. Artists have long taken inspiration from the unique location of this medieval town whose skyline with its 42 gates and towers is quite unmistakable. Nestling amidst beautiful, unspoiled countryside and still with a largely intact walkable town wall with medieval fortifications surrounding the historic center, Rothenburg with its winding alleyways and artistic treasures is the ideal place to relax.
There can hardly be another town of this size that has become such a meeting place of people from all over the world. Adding to the magical flair of this medieval gem is an annual calendar of diverse and atmospheric events. Truly a medieval city with some of the best shopping and food in Germany!
<h3>Top regional highlights Rothenburg</h3>
• Medieval town center with a distinctive skyline of 42 gates and towers
• 1.5 mile walkway on top of the town wall
• A wealth of museums: Medieval Crime Museum, Imperial City Museum, Doll and Toy Museum and lots more.
- J4U Australia Branch + Tour
- J4U Canada Bethel Budget
- J4U China “The Land Of Immense Contrasts”
- J4U Costa Rica 8, 9 Or 11 Day Tours
- J4U Europe Classic
- J4U Kenya Branch Tour + African Safari
- J4U Mexico: English Regional Convention + Branch Tour
- J4U Mexico: Guanajuato + Puerto Vallarta
- J4U Mexico: Taxco + Acapulco
- J4U Spain Branch & Tour
- J4U Würzburg And Rothenburg Germany
Related Maps(europe) See these maps →
Monday – Those not attending the Frankfurt convention arrive in Frankfurt
Day 1 – Tuesday – Those that arrived on Monday tour German Branch Seltzer then all those on the trip will shuttle from Frankfurt to Wurzburg Tuesday afternoon
Day 2 -Wednesday – Wurzburg
Day 3 – Thursday – travel to Rothenburg
Day 4 – Friday – Rothenburg
Day 5 – Saturday – back to Frankfurt. Evening in Frankfurt
Day 6 – Sunday – Depart Frankfurt
All prices herein are per person and are subject to change without notice. "Full Package" prices are especially subject to change due to the fluctuation in airfare. For Instance: Travelers can expect to pay additional airfare for summer tour dates if their tour includes New York. We will notify you three months, or less, before your departure of any additional fees.
Regarding Land Package Pricing:
Land Package prices signify that...
- ...BCT will NOT provide your transportation EXCEPT during the tour.
- ...you will be required to arrange your own transportation (be that airfare or train or car) at the beginning and after the tour.
- ...BCT is not responsible for any cost associated with the cost of your transportation (be that airfare or train or car) at the beginning and after the tour. Including penalties, fees and/or rebooking cost when a trip is cancelled or moved.
- ...while your transportation is provided during the tour you will be required to arrange your own transportation (be that airfare or train or car) at the beginning and after the tour.
Click here to read about the advantages of booking a 'full package' trip versus a 'land package' trip.
<li>All transportation and BCT provided Tour Guide</li>
<li>Breakfast each day</li>