0 persons have added this tour to their favorites!
December 7-15, 2018Loading...
Quito is elevated at 9190 ft *1.74miles) above sea level, which makes it the highest official capital city in the World. Quito’s historic centre, was one of the first World Cultural Heritage Sites and is one of the largest, least-altered and best-preserved in the Americas.
There are two equator lines in Ecuador, the official line (the Mitad del Mundo Monument) and the original line (the Museo Inti Ñan), both only 260 yards (approx 2.5 football fields) apart. The museum tour is absolutely fantastic.
<strong>Cotacachi & Otavalo</strong>
<strong>Otavalo</strong> is a town in the Andean highlands in the Imbabura province of northern Ecuador. It’s surrounded by volcanoes including the Imbabura Volcano. It's known for its Otavalo Market in the central Plaza de Ponchos, where traditionally clad indigenous townspeople sell colorful textiles and handicrafts.
<strong>Cotacachi</strong> - The name refers to one of Ecuador's leading artisanal manufacturers of leather and leather goods. i.e. the leather capital of Ecuador.
<strong>Banos - El Pailón del Diablo and Casa del Arbol</strong>
Baños de Agua Santa is a city in Ecuador’s Tungurahua province and a gateway to the nearby Amazon Basin. It’s known for access to trails on the active Tungurahua volcano just south, and for its mineral-rich hot springs. To the east, El Pailón del Diablo a powerful and dramatic waterfall on the Río Pastaza.
Casa del Arbol is a seismic station above Banos that has a swing under a tree house allowing for a fantastic and thrilling view (if the clouds don’t obscure it) of the jungle below and of the Tungurahua volcano.
- Ecuador: Cuenca-Whale Watching-Guayaquil Branch
- Ecuador: Guayaquil + The Coast
- Ecuador: Guayaquil, Cuenca, The Coast + Andes
- Ecuador: Quito + Andes
- Ecuador: Quito, Baños, Andes + Amazona
- Ecuador: Quito-Middle of World-Banos-Cuenca-Whale Watching-Guayaquil Branch
- Ecuador: Quito-Otovalo-Papallacta-Middle of World-Banos-Cuenca-Whale Watching-Guayaquil Branch
- Ecuador: Whale Watching-Guayaquil Branch
Related Maps(south-america) See these maps →
<strong>Day 2 Saturday Dec 8, 2018</strong>
From Quito travel to Cotacachi (known for it's leather goods and crafts) & Otavalo (best known for its vibrant Inca market) with vistas aplenty along the way.
<strong>Day 3 Sunday Dec 9, 2018</strong>
Full Day visit Papallacta Hot Springs Water & Spa. Enjoy the relaxing and rejuvenating baths of Termas de Papallacta.
<strong>Day 4 Monday Dec 10, 2018</strong>
Visit and tour both the Historical and the literal Middle of the World sites. Explore Centro Historico. Top off the day at Pims Restaurant with superb food, great photo ops and magnificent views.
<strong>Day 5 Tuesday Dec 11, 2018</strong>
Travel by bus Quito to Banos Hotel
<strong>Day 6 Wednesday Dec 12, 2018</strong>
Banos - Enjoy two unique excursions. Pailon del Diablo (Devil's Cauldron) Water Fall and whats know as the wildest swing ever at Casa del Arbol
<strong>Day 7 Thursday Dec 13, 2018</strong>
Leisure morning Banos or half day exploring Puyo the 'Door to the Jungle' - short stroll Paseo Turístico. Evening meeting with local Congregation and night view Tungurahua Volcano
<strong>Day 8 Friday Dec 14, 2018</strong>
Travel by bus Banos to Quito. Enjoy evening Quito.
<strong>Day 9 Saturday Dec 15, 2018</strong>
All prices herein are per person and are subject to change without notice. "Full Package" prices are especially subject to change due to the fluctuation in airfare. For Instance: Travelers can expect to pay additional airfare for summer tour dates if their tour includes New York. We will notify you three months, or less, before your departure of any additional fees.
Regarding Land Package Pricing:
Land Package prices signify that...
- ...BCT will NOT provide your transportation EXCEPT during the tour.
- ...you will be required to arrange your own transportation (be that airfare or train or car) at the beginning and after the tour.
- ...BCT is not responsible for any cost associated with the cost of your transportation (be that airfare or train or car) at the beginning and after the tour. Including penalties, fees and/or rebooking cost when a trip is cancelled or moved.
- ...while your transportation is provided during the tour you will be required to arrange your own transportation (be that airfare or train or car) at the beginning and after the tour.
Click here to read about the advantages of booking a 'full package' trip versus a 'land package' trip.
<strong>What's Not Included</strong>